Soap, Bath & Body, Candle and more
2 Day Advanced Soap Makers Boot Camp 2
This Class is a 2 Days Immersion into ADVANCED soap making BLISS. Please take the Soap Makers Boot Camp 1 o r have taken other cold process soap classes. New techniques and tricks in this 2 day course.Includes all you will need to create (4) 1lb loaves of soap with 4 different techniques.
1. We will create soaps with milks like Goat, Soy, Buttermilk, Cow Milk, cream & yogurt
2. Herb coffee & tea infusions in this next loaf. Plus natural colorants are used and more advanced techniques in coloring.
3. Beer is just one of the malted liquors you can use in your soap to add a lux you cannot get with in a traditional soap plus why not learn to make a special gift for that beer drinker in your life. It also adds body & shine to shampoo bars.
4. Wine & other Liquors are a special techniques that require careful temperature monitoring and care come learn how to add your favorite wine or liquor to your soap to create unique one of a kind soaps.
Adding natural colorants not used in our soap makers 1st Boot Camp.
End of day will be a group event where you all make a 8 to 10lb batch of cold process using all of the group knowledge to create it.
Second Day: Morning will be spent cutting & talking about all of our thrills and successes from the day before
You learn the art of Hot Process today & create 3.5 loaf
1. Hot Process soap scent, swirl, funnel and herb of choice
2. Hot Process with double scents and 2 or 3 colors plus herb of choice & embedding
Lots of fun in a hands on soap workshop learning the skills of making not so traditional soaps using natural & organic ingredients to a professional level.
Traditional Cold & Hot Process Soap Making basic chemistry of soap making, necessary materials, ingredients and equipment. Safety aspects of working with sodium hydroxide (caustic soda). Coloring soap naturally with herbs, spices & clays. Using pure essential oils to fragrance your soap effectively Learn how to create highly visual layered soaps. New mold ideas & molding options.
It a BOOT CAMP!! Come open and ready to create with long sleeves and closed toe shoes or and over shirt and full cover shoes in hand with long pants or bring a change of clothing with you. See you there!
2 Day Pro Advanced Soap Makers Boot Camp 3
This boot camp is the 3rd in a series of soap boot camps that take you to a level of production & technique to create artistic, high color, creative, batches of cold process soap using the latest molds, coloring & additives. Plus large batch production for retail & wholesale production lines.
1. Fruits, Veggies & Clays in cold process soap making puree & juices
2. Colors techniques (Advanced Lab & Mica Techniques)
3. Upright, Tray, Round & Alternative molding options
Lots of fun in a hands on soap workshop learning more advanced skills of Cold Process not so traditional soaps using natural ingredients to a professional level.
1.Cutting all prior day soaps and discussion of problems~ PLUS Q&A
2. Large batch production & its problems
Students will make a 15lb batch on their own & 35lb batch as a group
Are you looking to produce soap on a larger scale?
We can show you how to make large batches of cold processed soaps ideally suited to setting up a soap making business. We have trained many people who have set up for production soap making.
Scaling up your production will mean different things to different people. Some will currently be making 8lb batches and will wish to start making 15lb batches. Others will already be making 15lb+ batches and want to be making 25 - 35lbs at a time. On this course you will see how to increase your batch sizes in a cost efficient and time efficient manner easily.
See you there ..... Cost of this workshop is all inclusive. You will have 45 mins for lunch so bringing your lunch might be the best thing to do but there are restaurants near by.
Other options to fix failed batches, covered on day two: insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap. Wear long sleeves or bring an over shirt and full cover shoes with long pants or bring a change of clothing with you. See you there!
Bath & Body Boot Camp
Learn to make Bath Cupcakes, Bath Bombs, Bath Tablets, Salt & Sugar Scrubs, Melts, Cubes and so much more. Make bath time a fragrant, colorful explosion with this advanced bath and body boot camp. You’ll make whimsical bath bomb cupcakes, lush-style bath bomb balls, bath tablets, melts, bath salts, and lotion bars. We’ll customize our playful creations with herbs and oils that will nourish and heal skin conditions during the full four hours of bath time creating.
In this class you will make and bring home:
• bath bomb cupcakes
• bath bomb balls
• bath melts
• herbal bath salts
• lotion bars
• bath tablets
• information packets on all of the above
Optional supplies to bring: Paper, pen, wine or water.
Basic Candle Making Boot Camp
1. Different waxes and how they act in different containers
2. Problems with container candles, controlling temperature according to wax use
3. Material used for candle making like Color, Wicks, Perfumes, Molds
4. Characteristics of waxes (Burning Instruction of Candles & Safety of Candles)
The Binder each student takes home will have these chapters in it for the Bootcamp Candle Waxes & Gel Candle Colors Candles in Jars Candle Wicks & Wicking sizing & type and Wax Melter temperature Candle Molds trouble shooting Candle Embellishments Candle Equipment Packaging.
2-Day Natural Cosmetics Boot Camp
2 Blissful days working on Spa Quality Cosmetics & Mineral Makeup. The 2 day boot camp will be the 1st one of 3 focusing on products for the face. Everything from Cleansing, Toning & Serums to Mineral makeup foundations, blushes, eyes shadows & lipsticks.We will help you create products that you can either use for yourself or build on to start to create your own skin care & makeup line using natural & organic products (no synthetic products will be used in the class). Classes will involve demonstrations plus plenty of hands-on formulating too.
The 2-Day Boot Camp Includes
Day 1: All About The Face
Spa quality cleansers in creams, grains, scrubs & mask.
Then moving into Herbal toners, fresheners, plus floral waters.
Next we will formulate different moisturizers from creams to rich serums spending some time learning about the anti-aging quality of many herbal infusions and essential oils plus botanical additions like kelp, silk powders, fruit /vegetable extracts.
Day 2: All About Color
Want to create your own cosmetic line or maybe just be ultra sure of what goes on your face and in your body. Well today will be all about color. We will create mineral cosmetics, such as blush, bronzer, and eye shadows.
Exploring all the different bases pre-packaged or blend your own and what that entails plus shine, texture and choosing which to suit each skin tone and quality. Darcy is a Lic. Esthetician, Donna a Master Herbalist and both will be there to guide you through from cleansing grains & foundations to pouring your own full size lips sticks you have formulated and colored from beginning to end.
Spa Face Care & Mineral Makeup Boot Camp
Come and join us for two days of Spa Face Care & Mineral Makeup Boot Camp. This will be a fun and informative course, which teaches you how to formulate products that keep you looking younger and have healthier skin.
Day one: You will work together to create your own facial cleanser, moisturizer and toner. You will also create facial scrubs for the four basic skin types, including acne.
Day two: You will work independently, with instructor’s guidance, to formulate your own foundation, skin corrector, concealer, eyeliner, and mascara. No more paying high prices at those high-end department stores. Come make your own quality facial products using natural ingredients.
The course covers
· Facial cleansers, toners and moisturizers like:
· CLEANSING GRAINS: Cleansing grains are mild, nourishing, good for all skin types for daily use. You will learn how easy it is to create a superior cleansing product using an inexpensive mixture of biodegradable ingredients.
· HERBAL FACIAL STEAMS: A facial steam great to deep clean your pores monthly. The herbs used with help nourish and tone the skin.
·CLAY FACIAL MASK: Clay is very high in minerals and draws impurities out of the skin. We’ll also discuss different types of beneficial herbs and liquids you can mix with the dry clay mixture as well as which essential oils are best suited for your skin type.
· Natural cosmetics
· Creams and Body Butters
· Other bath & body products as time permits